Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Meaning of the Name

Since Stephen and I chose to not announce his name until he was born, this how we chose his name:

Abram means "High Father." There is no other god besides God. He is above all others. And I have always loved the story of Abram in the Bible.

Jonah means "peace" and the book Jonah is a story of God's redemption and salvation. Stephen and I had been struggling what to use as a middle name. One day at church they had a sermon over the book of Jonah. During the whole sermon Abram was moving around in me and kicking me. After church, Stephen and I were discussing the sermon and he said he really liked the story of Jonah. I then pointed out that Abram had been moving all during the sermon, so we came to the conclusion that Jonah had to be his middle name.






No comments:

Post a Comment